Hey good people! I took a thirty-day break from this site because I’ve been working on a new one. And, regardless of what people think of my abilities, I can only do one thing at a time 😉
The new site is called Navigating the Change, and just like it sounds, it’s about all things menopausal.
A few months ago, you may remember me revealing that I was having some menopause “issues.” I divulged that info in a post called “Control in the Midst of Too Much.” Well, that was September. Since then, my life got hella interesting. And by interesting, I mean awful. I was ill-prepared for the turn my body took without my permission.
I spoke to every woman I was close to about this issue. I was raised in a family of older women, so I silently harbored anger for not one soul mentioning these bodily changes to me. In between, I read and researched all types of things to understand what was happening and how I could learn to function.
It was a lot.
Then, I got mad all over again. Menopause is a huge shift in women’s lives that can last anywhere from five to ten years. Did you hear me? FIVE to TEN years! That’s a lot of years to be sweaty and irritable, and as I read and experienced, there’s more to it than being sweaty and irritable. In fact, some people may never experience that, while others have all of the things.
Either way, I launched a new site last week for all of the above reasons. Navigating the Change will include the following:
- stories and poetry from women who have experienced menopause at any phase,
- photographs of real women thirty-five and older who are fearlessly being themselves (because older celebrities are not the only ones who can look fantabulous),
- information from doctors,
- information from wellness experts,
- workout videos specifically for women over forty-five and specifically for Navigating the Change,
- low-sugar, low-salt, and low-carb recipes from food bloggers and chefs,
- product reviews so we know what works and how well, and
- a monthly feature from yours truly called Diary of a Menopausal Woman.
If this is something that sounds interesting to you, then subscribe so you can receive updates that will post 2-3 times per week. Read what you want and discard the rest.
If this is something you think would interest someone else, then please pass the information along.
If you have something to offer or you want to partner because you have a business that supports one of the goals I’ve mentioned (e.g., a story, poem, photo, doc/well expert info, recipe, or product review), then Submit to Navigating the Change so we can collaborate.
If none of this sounds good, then that’s cool, too lol That’s one of many reasons I thought a separate blog might be beneficial.
Just to be clear, I’ll still be blogging here. The new site is more nuanced, themed, and collaborative.
Follow Navigating the Change across all platforms (except you know where because of you know what):
- WordPress: navigatingthechange.com
- IG: @navigatingthechange
- Twitter: @navthechange