Thanks so much to Lisa W. Tetting for this nomination! As a successful author and a fellow blogger, she is quite inspirational as she represents where I hope to some day be. Go check out her blog (and buy her book)! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
Here are the five rules: (1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to her site; (2) Put the award logo on your blog; (3) Answer the ten questions sent to you; (4) Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer; and (5) Nominate ten blogs.
Here are the ten questions that I must answer as part of this nomination:
My questions from Lisa:
- Name your favorite character from a book? Janie from Their Eyes were Watching God is one of my favorite characters. I identify with her non-conformist attitude and her life story, which is also quite similar to Zora Neale Hurston’s.
- Do you prefer cds or vinyl? Eek! I prefer streaming and downloading now. This just happened around 2012…and now I’m all in.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee – only one cup per day, right in the morning after I’ve worked out and while I’m doing work.
- Where is your favorite place to write? I really don’t have a preference. In fact, I’ve recently written a draft while riding the Japanese rail system. I’ve found that words kinda come to me and usually I have to stop what I’m doing (if I can) and get it down.
- Name 5 places you want to visit, but haven’t had the chance?
- When did you fall in love for the first time? My senior year of high school I met the first person that I actually felt as if I really loved. His name was Jeffrey and we spent a lot of time together. Our relationship was a great lesson in what the actual cycle of love can be.
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Beach! I love the beach and the water. In fact, I have a few beach pics on my blog.
- Who is your favorite member of the Jackson 5? MJ – circa 1983
- What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving because it’s not about gifts or anything. It’s about being grateful and eating, two things I love to do lol. Christmas is a close second but mostly because of the movies. I love Christmas movies.
- What place on earth brings you the most joy? The beach brings me the most joy because I think it represents life. Water can be calming, but it can also be dangerous. It can fade away. It can grow. It’s required to live.
My nominees (with no pressure to actually participate):
- Do you have children, and if so, how have you managed to balance motherhood and other life activities?
- Do you have any pets, and if so, how did your pet come to be a part of your life?
- Do you have any other passions than writing?
- How did you become a blogger?
- What genre do you prefer to read?
- In what genre do you generally write?
- Do you have a spouse or significant other, and if so, how does this person complement you?
- What is your writing process?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- Have you ever won any writing awards?